Monday, July 8, 2013

Back to the Future, or, My First Trip to Robin's Nest

My great friend Chris Krentz had taken her church youth group to Robin's Nest twice, in 2004 and 2007.  Each time, one of her sons was in the group.  By the time her daughter was old enough, Chris wasn't leading the youth group anymore, but wanted her daughter to have the opportunity to serve at Robin's Nest.  So, she planned a trip, asked me if I wanted to go, and in 2010 we went:  Chris, her daughter Jennifer, Jennifer's best friend Sarah, and I.
2010, at Robin's Nest
2013, at the fundraising dinner Chris planned for us
When I talk about that first trip, I usually use the words "captivating" and "compelling".  The children and staff at Robin's Nest pulled me in and I haven't been the same ever since.  The Lord began calling me to Jamaica, and now, three years later, I'm packing to move.
There's much more to the story, of course, so, to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment